This workshop is geared towards students with little to no scripting/programming experience. By the end of this workshop, you will have the knowledge to write and run Python scripts inside and outside of Maya. You will not learn everything about Python from this workshop. This workshop includes all the basic information you should know in order to be proficient in reading, writing, running, and modifying Python scripts. The purpose of this workshop is not to make you expert Python scripters, but to give you a solid foundation from which in further your Python studies.
- Learning Python, 3rd Edition by Mark Lutz
- Dive Into Python: http://www.diveintopython.org/toc/index.html
- The python_inside_maya Google email list: http://groups.google.com/group/python_inside_maya
Python in the Computer Graphics Industry
Some Programs that support Python:
- 3ds max
What is Python used for?
- Automate repetitive and/or tedious tasks.
- Reduce human error.
- Produce more creative iterations in the feedback loop.
- Create applications and tools to run studio pipelines.
- Customize existing applications to support studio specific workflows.
- Let artists be artists.